CFP: Special Track @ILRN2016 – Immersive and Engaging Educational Experiences
ST6: Immersive and Engaging Educational Experiences
Deadline for Submissions EXTENDED: March 24th, 2016
Immersive and engaging experiences are powerful teaching tools and allow innovative forms of learning. More and more virtual reality platforms, virtual world environments and game-based experiences are designed for the classroom. This can be a traditional classroom, or also a virtual and remote classroom setting.
In this special track we discuss how we can design, develop, and analyze educational environments to be immersive and engaging. The track does not only cover research on design, development, and analysis of such environments, we also invite submission describing non-traditional traditional design practice and development approaches to create different engaging experiences.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Learning: learning in immersive environments, virtual realities, virtual worlds, and games
- Design: design techniques, practices, methods
- Analysis: frameworks, exploration studies, user studies
- Technology: platforms, devices, engines, environments, graphics, navigation, interactions, user analysis, data analysis, procedural content generation, artificial intelligence
- Non-traditional, non-classroom and non-curricular learning environments
- Development approaches to create different engaging experiences
All accepted full papers will be published in Springer’s C CIS conference proceedings series.
The submitted papers must not exceed 4-6 pages (short paper) or 10-12 pages (full paper). Contributions are welcome on work-in-progress, research results, technical development, and best practices. Research, development, and best practices contributions will be accepted according to their quality and relevance either as full or short papers. Work-in-progress will only be accepted as short papers.
Submitted papers must follow the same guidelines as the main conference submissions. Please visit http://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2016/author-info/ for guidelines and templates.
For submitting a paper to this special track, please use the submission system https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ilrn2016 , log in with an account or register, and select the track “Special Track 6: Immersive and Engaging Educational Experiences (IEEXP)” to add your submission.
Special Track Chairs
- Johanna Pirker, Graz University of Technology, Austria
- Foaad Khosmood, California Polytechnic State University, CA
- Britte H. Cheng, SRI International, CA
- Maroof Fakhri, Labster, Denmark
- Zoë J. Wood, California Polytechnic State University, CA
Program Committee (to be extended)
- Allan Fowler, Kennesaw State University
- Brian Mcdonald, Glasgow Caledonian University, UK
- Dominic Kao, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA
- Kai Erenli, UAS bfi Vienna, Austria
- Ralf Klamma, Aachen University, DE
- Ryan Locke, Abertay University, UK
- Volker Settgast, Fraunhofer Austria, Austria