Working Group Leaders:
- Allan Fowler – Kennesaw State University, USA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johanna Pirker – Graz University of Technology, Austria
- Bruno Campagnolo de Paula – Pontifical Catholic University of Paraná, Brazil
Game Jam Junior is designed to introduce young learners to computer science concepts in a fun and engaging way. Through introducing these concepts at an early age in an entertaining way, it is possible to influence or improve perceptions of computer science as a career. In this working group, we will discuss the potential of Game Jam Junior.
The scope includes but is not limited to:
- Exploring the potential of Game Jam Junior to increase diversity in computer science
- Establishing Game Jam Junior sites
- Identifying potential partnerships
- Identifying potential research projects at the Game Jam Junior
- Identifying collaborators and partners for grant applications
Applicants should provide information about their prior experiences in organizing game jams or outreach programs involving K-12 students.